Aqua Kriya Yoga aims to connect the body and breath, helping to bring an awareness and intention to movement. Experience greater ease and stability by taking yoga off the mat and into the water!
This inclusive discipline has many benefits:
- little to no impact on joints, especially knees, hips and ankles.
- improving balance issues, confidence, and awareness.
- buoyancy allows for joint access & muscle lengthening
- strengthening the pelvic floor and deep core muscles.
- community-building among a variety of body types and physical abilities– including pregnant women, those with arthritis, wheel-chair or walker-bound students, students with muscle and/or joint limitations, those who are overweight, stroke & cancer survivors, and the senior adult community– who can practice safely alongside one another.
Late Summer 2017 Schedule
THURSDAYS August 24 – September 14
(NO CLASS September 21st!!)
7 – 8 pm
$12 per class
Square, Cash or Check (payable to Balance PFT)
Classes are held in my heated, saltwater pool in Central Austin near 45th St & MoPac. Exact address given upon registration.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE IN THE POOL NOW!
If you cannot pay by PayPal or prefer to pay by check/cash, please email email@example.com to reserve your place in the pool.
Refunds will be made ONLY in the event of cancellation due to weather. If you prepay and are unable to attend, you are welcome to give your space in the pool to a friend.
Woga (water yoga) is not just exercise but a soulful experience. Being outside in nature, feeling the warm salty water, and practicing mindfulness nourishes my yin energy—what a fantastic antidote to menopause! I trust Karen as a leader and as someone who understands the powerful yoking aspects of a yoga practice. Thank you for holding open a welcoming space for women in community.You are a gem and I can’t wait for your next class!Renee Trudeau
Interested in bringing Balance to your pool for Aqua Kriya Yoga ?
It’s perfect for Goddess Gatherings, Women’s Circles, Girl’s Night In, or just Me Time.
$75 per 50-minute class– all props provided by Balance
Class size dependent on size of pool.
Please inquire for availability and additional travel fees beyond Austin.
Don’t have a pool but would like to host an Aqua Kriya Yoga gathering?
Contact Balance, and we’ll work it out!
Karen Shopoff Rooff, owner of Balance Personal Fitness Training, is a certified Aqua Kriya Yoga instructor.
I wanted you to know that your class last night was exactly what I needed. It knocked out some kinks in my lower back and tightness in my legs. THANK you!Robyn G.